💖 Make kindness part of your customer experience
My father made kindness his life.
For much of my adult life, he volunteered in food kitchens, manned the master gardener booth, painted signs, led scout groups, cleared park blocks, and gave out free rides to those in need.
His heartfelt acts of kindness were commonplace. (Though, it’s unlikely he would have named them as such.)
As he grew older, his movements became more constrained and isolation began to take a toll.
“O.k. Dad, go through the drive through at McDonald’s,” I prescribed one afternoon. “Order yourself some coffee and then simply pay for the car behind you.” That small act of kindness would ripple love through my dad’s day, the recipient’s day – and even the day of the person behind the window.
Witnessing kindness inspires kindness.[Tweet “Witnessing kindness inspires kindness. #RandomActsofKindnessWeek”]
I hereby prescribe the same for you. Take a break from marketing and selling this week and celebrate National Random Acts of Kindness Week. Instead commit a daily act of kindness for your clients, prospects and community.
Here are 10 ideas to make someone smile:
- Get your own custom stickers printed and send them with hand-written notes.
- Send a meaningful referral out of the blue.
- Tip the housekeeping team at the next hotel you visit.
- Give someone a hug.
- Leave a sticky note of encouragement in a random place.
- Tell someone they inspire you.
- Help your client deal with a difficult situation. (Business or personal.)
- Donate to a charity.
- Write a note of appreciation on a dollar bill – and put it in the next tip jar. (I paint random rocks of kindness and leave them in tip jars!*)
- Call someone special and tell them you love them.
💡 Are You Ready to Out Care the Competition?
Discover how to make your firm stand out by offering a strong client experience and developing a powerful and appealing brand. I can help. I offer a workshop, Out Care the Competition, how to use the power of brand and client experience to differentiate your firm. Book me here!
* My random rocks of kindness.